- Indicates make-up or breakout torque (in pounds of line pull) for tool joints, drill collars, and drill string components.
- 6-inch fluid-filled indicator displays line pull.
- Adjustable target pointer can be set to the desired line pull value so the driller can work to a clear mark.
- Models and capacities available to work with all manual tongs.
- A wide range of capacities — from 10,000 pounds to 30,000 pounds of line pull, with metric equivalents available.
- Models available for permanent installation, or for temporary mounting directly on the tong handle.
- Combination dials available.
- Indicates torque (in foot-pounds) applied to each joint when using power tongs to run pipe or casings.
- Models available for specific makes and models of power tong.
- Load Cells available in both tension and compression models, for use with any type of tong.
- Capacities up to 120,000 foot-pounds, with metric equivalents available.
- Dual-scale models available.
In Forum Tongue Torque Systems, the Tension Load Cell transmits applied pull measurements to the indicator gauge. Manufactured only by Forum Drilling Instrumentation to demanding specifications.
- Heavy-duty, rugged Load Cell includes an integrated cylinder and piston, ensuring a long service life and minimum maintenance.
- Fluid protects working parts of gauge — further reducing the need for repairs and protecting your equipment investment.
- Provides accurate torque indications, reducing drill collar and tool joint failure.
- Gauge pointer can be set to the required torque to give driller a clear target mark.
- Box mount, panel mount, tong clamp and tong handle mount configurations available, providing the flexibility to obtain indications every time collars are run or only for spot checks.
- Available in four sizes: 3.68 (5K), 4.0 (20 K), 6.53 (25 K), and 10.8 (30 K) square inches
- Integral design ensures long service life and minimum maintenance
- Manufactured entirely from bar stock
- 100% material traceability
- Maximum single line pull workloads from 20,000 to 30,000 pounds