Stage Cementing Collars
For over 20 years, Forum stage cementing collars have been used by operators for their special applications. Now Forum offers three stage collar designs: a mechanically opened tool, a hydraulically opened tool, and a mechanically opened tool with a built-in inflatable packer.
While now established as a field proven tool, this tool continues to be the subject of research and development to find new materials for faster drill-out time, greater PDC bit drillability and better metal-to- metal sealing. Features of the 778 MC Stage Cementing Collar include:
- Tools can be made from material grades up to 135,000 psi minimum yield, including material suitable for sour gas service.
- All parts are custom fitted and subjected to extensive quality control standards for maximum performance downhole.
- The connection that adjoins the stage collar body and the bottom sub affects a metal-to-metal seal and engages a back-up elastomer seal, the two of which are designed to provide gas-tight pressure integrity.
- No welds are used on any portion of the tool.
- The reduced length of the tool minimizes the effect of bending stresses.
- The seals providing internal and external pressure integrity are housed in the stage collar body and remain stationary throughout operation, minimizing chances of their being damaged.
- The pressure-relief design prevents fluid trapping and compression between the opening device and the closing plug during the closing phase of the tool’s operation.
- The closing sleeve is held in the closed position by an internal lock ring.
- Both the opening and closing sleeves lock against rotation for easy drill-out.
- A minimum amount of aluminum and rubber are the only materials encountered during drill-out. Plug sets for four different cementing applications are available