Standard indicators include:
- PMMS Console
- Loss/Gain Indicator with high/low alarms
- Total BBLs Indicator
- Percent of Return Mud Flow Indicator with high/low alarms
- Pump Stroke Counter and Pump Rate Indicator
- Pit Room Total BBLs Indicator
- Stainless steel vertical pit level sensor probes to a depth of
- Approved for hazardous locations.
- Gauges can indicate measurements for a single pit or total measurements for multiple pits.
- Pump Stroke Counter and Pump Rate Indicator feature a digital display in a stainless steel case and a safe lithium battery — eliminating the need for a hazardous 110 VAC.
- Mountable in a drilling console or in a freestanding unit located near the driller.
- Provides continuous surveillance of mud pits.
- Measurements can be recorded on 12-hour or 24-hour circular charts.
- Visual and audible loss/gain alarms can be set to activate at specific mud volumes and percentages of return flow — increase and decrease — for immediate notification of deviation.
- Most components available from manufacturers worldwide as standard off-the-shelf items — no need for printed circuit boards that cannot be repaired onsite.
- Gauges indicate total volume in pitroom for surveillance by pit tender — no need for string and nut.
- Large, easy-to-read 6-inch gauges.
- Readouts can be duplicated for remote locations, such as a main office, without additional sensors.
- Mechanical pneumatics enable easy troubleshooting and service by rig maintenance personnel — no need for costly high-tech electronics in remote locations.
- Lower initial investment and lower maintenance costs than electronic units.