The Production Saver Tool (PST Valve) installs in the rod string 2 or 3 rods above a Progressing Cavity Pump and seats in a standard API Seating Nipple. During a shut-down event, the valve closes preventing the fluid in the tubing column from draining back through the PCP. On re-start the valve is opened by the fluid flow from the pump.
- Drivehead backspin is limited to releasing the torque stored in the rod string, providing a much quicker re-start time
- Fluid to surface is immediate once system is re-started. No need to re-fill the tubing string
- Pressure is maintained on the stator, greatly reducing the effects of Explosive Decompression on the stator elastomer
- Flushable with no change in standard procedure, unit un-seats along with the rotor
- Engineered flow pattern for minimal flow losses
Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics soft-ware used to design optimum flow patterns for minimum flow losses.
- Maximum flow rate of 2500 bfpd
- Oil Viscosity range from 1 to 10,000 cP
- Maximum temperature 250°C (485°F)
- Available for 5-1/2, 4-1/2, 3-1/2 and 2-7/8 inch tubing
- Seats in standard API Seating Nipple
- Tru-release shuttle valve constructed of Zirconium Ceramic for extreme abrasion resistance, cycles and harsh impact
- Sliding surfaces made from nano-tube carbon composite